Skip to main content

Industrial Ecology Notes (Part 7)

 

IEooc_Methods5_Software1: IPython notebook for MRIO analysis


1. Load and check data


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is a Steady State Economy Possible? A summary of what neoclassical, keynessian and marxists say about it

  A lot has been writen, since the book Limits to Growth in the 70' about the desirability to stop growth, as its costs exceed its benefits. There are wellbeing, natural and philosophical reasons to reach a steady state, to find what is enough, to celebrate and live with self impossed limits. The literature on the economic stability of such an economy is still rare, 50 years later, and Steffen Lange book, is the best contribution we have at this time. My last posts owe him almost everything I have to say about the topic. It was, the best selftaught course on keynessian and marxists economics I took, as it seems that in mainstream economics, there is over-representation of the neoclassical view of the economy, not leveraging what keynessian, marxists and ecological economics can offer. My prediction is that ecological economics will simply called economics, and the macroeconomics of the steady state will be called simply macroeconomics. In this post I will summarize what I have lear...