Skip to main content

Week 1: Book Announcement

 I am thrilled to announce that for my master thesis, I am venturing into the challenging and exciting field of book writing. I’ve begun working on a book that seeks to provide tentative answers to one of the most critical questions of our time:

How can we achieve public abundance within planetary boundaries in a just way?

This inquiry is grounded in two key assumptions, which I explore at the beginning of the book:

1. The capitalist system is fundamentally incapable of meeting humanity’s basic needs within planetary boundaries. It perpetuates the exploitation of racial groups, women, nature, and an increasing portion of the working class.

2. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of alternative ways to provide abundance in a regenerative manner—approaches that foster, rather than diminish, economic democracy.

If this topic resonates with you and you want to see this book come to life and be presented to change-makers, I would greatly appreciate your financial support. Your contributions will help cover the costs of editing, publishing, and travel (exclusively by public transport).

You can make a donation through the following link. I will share weekly progress updates on this platform and on my blog.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking in Systems

What is a system? I am glad you ask. The understanding of systems is critical to navigate in a complex world. But let's start by a definition. A system is an integrated assembly of matter and living beings that are interconnected and have one or multiple purposes, goals or functions.  Our climate is a system, our forest is a system and our economy is a system too. Although the isolated analysis of one part can be helpful for some type of questions, a realistic measure of the impact of a shock/new scenario/variable change, requires the understanding of the relationship between the components of the system. Please do not forget the purpose/s. It is particularly unnoticed the real goal that each systems follow. Oceans systems are critical for the live of corals and fish, for the moderation of the climate, for the generation of clouds and drinkable water... Forests are critical for the soil, for the availability of oxygen, local rain patterns, the wildlife that inhabit these spaces......